2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup cold salted butter, cubed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add dried cranberries, pecans, and rosemary, stirring to combine.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, stir together 1 cup cold cream and vanilla extract. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3×2-inch diamond-shaped cutter, cut 15 shapes from dough, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Places scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
To make even more delicious recipes, purchase Christmas Teatime here!